Shalema Group

  • 1 Shalema Global Placement
    One of the fastest growing Recruting Company.
  • 2 Shalema Merchandise
    Shalema Merchandise Import & Export Company.
  • 3 Cosmo Engineering Company
    Cosmo Engineering Company.
  • 3 Cosmo Engineering Company
    Cosmo Engineering Company.

UK Immigration Service

Why Nursing

            Nursing is more than just a job; it’s a career with a huge range of opportunities for anyone with the passion to make a difference. Do you want…
- a variety of roles to choose from?
- the opportunity to change your career path?
- to work with a wide range of people and in lots of different places?
- a career that challenges you at the right level?
If your answer is yes to any of the above then there’s a chance to fulfil or even exceed your ambitions in nursing. However and whenever you decide to become a nurse, you will get support all the way: from financial help while you’re training, to the chance to develop new skills throughout your career.

Skills, Qualifications and Training

            To work as a nurse in the NHS, you must hold a nursing qualification that allows you to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Each nursing qualification specialises in one of the four areas of nursing:
- adults
- children
- learning disability
- mental health.
Although you qualify in a particular field, all nursing courses consist of common foundation programmes that are taught across all four branches of nursing before specialising. This gives you the necessary knowledge and skills to provide essential care to anyone who needs it as well as additional skills to provide more complex care.
           You can study full or part time towards a nursing qualification. Nursing courses combine academic study with practice learning, with time split between the university, which runs the course, and practical placements in a variety of NHS healthcare settings. The kind of placements you do largely depends on which specialism you choose.
           Work experience is a fantastic way to gain an insight into a career in nursing. It can also be a valuable way of getting some confidence and experience of caring for people. Whether it is a short or long-term placement, full or part time, or on a structured or informal basis, work experience can help you decide if you are really suited to nursing.
           Many NHS trusts and universities also want to be certain that you really understand what a career in nursing involves before offering a job or a place on a course. Work experience is a great way of seeing what it’s like working in the health service and showing your commitment to your future NHS career.
           The NHS is made up of over 400 individual NHS trusts across England and each is responsible for arranging work experience. You'll need to contact the NHS trusts in your area direct. Ask to speak to the human resources, voluntary services or education and training departments, and they'll be able to give you some guidance.
           To find out where your local NHS trusts are based to enquire about work experience opportunities, visit the NHS Choices website.
           For more information on volunteering in general and to search for vacancies in your area, look at the Volunteering England and Do it! websites.
           Some voluntary roles may also be advertised on NHS Jobs.

Immigration & International Student Advice

Overseas Nursing Programme (ONP)

Immigration advice surrounding the Overseas Nursing Programme
           The UK Border Agency has recommended that Overseas Nursing Programme (ONP) students will apply under Tier 2 of the Points Based System. Tier 2 is a work permit category and it is necessary for the employer to agree for the employee to undertake the period of study and adaptation training necessary for the ONP.
           Currently, most students who apply for the ONP will already be in the UK under a Tier 2 visa. If you fall into this category you should make sure that your employer is happy for you to undertake the ONP before contacting the Enquiries and Admissions team.
           If you are outside the UK but already have a designated employment sponsor under Tier 2, you will need to make a Tier 2 visa application. Information about making a Tier 2 application can be found on the Home Office website and also at UK Visas.
           If you currently hold a Tier 1 or other category visa, you should contact the Enquiries and Admissions team as you may still be eligible to apply for this course.


            This section explains whether and how you can apply to enter or remain in the UK as a skilled worker under Tier 2 (General) of our points-based system. The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals who have been offered a skilled job to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker. Before you apply, you must read the Tier 2 policy guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page.

Limit on Tier 2 (General) workers applying from abroad

            For the year from 6 April 2013 to 5 April 2014, a maximum of 20,700 skilled workers can come to the UK under Tier 2 (General) to do jobs with an annual salary below £152,100.
           There is no limit on the number of workers coming to the UK to do jobs with an annual salary of £152,100 or above

Do you need a Tier 2 visa to come to the UK?

            Tier 2 is part of our points based system, which is for migrants from outside Europe. You do not need to apply under the points-based system if:
- you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland the European nationals section describes your right to work in the UK;
- you are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
- you are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here, the UK ancestry section explains how you can apply;
- your partner or (if you are under 18) one of your parents has permission to stay in the UK under Tier 2 of the points-based system , you should apply as their dependant; or
- you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.
           You must have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organisation that is a licensed sponsor in the UK. You can only have a job offer if you will not be displacing a suitable settled worker. This means that employers cannot offer a job to a non settled worker if it means that a suitable settled worker will be turned down for the job or made redundant.
- 50 points for Attributes, which includes having a sponsor and a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (Appendix A ) and
- 10 points for English language skills (except for certain Intra-Company Transfers) (Appendix B of the Immigration Rules); and
- 10 points for Maintenance (funds) (Appendix C of the Immigration Rules).

Documents Required

            This section explains the documents you should send with your application under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system. In this section:
• What documents you must send   Read More..
• Photographs and passports   Read More..
• English language   Read More..
• Maintenance (funds)   Read More..
You do not need to send any evidence of sponsorship as this is confirmed on your certificate of sponsorship. You must give your certificate of sponsorship reference number when you apply.

What documents you must send

            This page explains the documents you should send with your application under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system. On this page
• Sending original documents   Read More..
• Translated documents   Read More..
• How we return your documents   Read More..
If you do not give us all the documents we need when you apply and send your application form, we may refuse your application because you have not sent enough documents, and your fee will not be refunded.
You do not need to send any evidence of sponsorship as your sponsorship is confirmed in your certificate of sponsorship, and you must give your reference number when you apply.

Sending original documents

            You must send the original documents, not copies.

Translated documents

            If a document is not in English or Welsh, you must send us the original with a full translation that can be independently verified by us. This translation must include details of the translator's credentials, and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.

How we return your documents

            If you are inside the UK, your documents will be returned to you by post to the address you gave on your application.
If a representative is applying on your behalf, your documents will be returned to him or her.
           Your documents will be returned using recorded delivery. If you want your documents to be returned by special delivery, you should provide a prepaid special delivery envelope.
           You can also arrange for your documents to be collected by courier at your own cost. If you would like to arrange a courier, put a courier request in writing by fax to 0114 207 6555.
           If you are outside the UK, your documents will be returned in the same way you sent them to us. For example, if you took them to a visa application centre, the visa application centre will return them to you.

Photographs and passports

            This page explains the photographs and passport you must send to support your application under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system. On this page
• Your photographs  Read More..
• Asking for the return of your passport before your application to remain in the UK is decided  Read More..

Your photographs

           You must send two recent passport photographs of yourself and any dependants for whom you are including applications. All the photographs must have the name of the person in the picture written on the back.
All the photographs should:
• measure 45mm x 35mm; and
• be in colour; and
• be taken against a grey or cream background; and
• be clear and of good quality; and
• not be framed or backed; and
• not be digitally altered, for example, you cannot use Photoshop to change anything in the image; and
• be full face, without sunglasses, hat or head covering unless you wear this for religious reasons.
           The photograph you send will be used on your visa (known as vignette) which is fixed in your passport.You must send your original passport or travel document and the original passport or travel document of all dependants.

Asking for the return of your passport before your application to remain in the UK is decided

           If you need your passport for identification reasons, such as opening a bank account, before we decide your application, we will return your passport. You should send your passport back to us as soon as you have used it to confirm your identity. We will not be able to decide the outcome of your application until you have returned it to us. Obviously this may delay the decision of your application.
           If you ask for your passport back so you can travel outside the common travel area, when we send it back to you, your application is automatically withdrawn, even if you decide not to travel. If you decide not to travel and still want to stay in the UK, you will need to apply again and pay a new fee.
           If you need to ask for the return of your passport, contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau, whose number you can find on the right side of this page

English language test

            If you have passed an English language test, you must send your certificate. The original test result certificate must clearly show:
• your name;
• the qualification obtained; and
• the date of the award.
You can download a list of approved English language tests from the rightr side of this page.

Degree taught in English

            If you have been awarded a qualification that was taught in English, you must send the original certificate of award.This must be on the institution's official headed paper, and must clearly show:
• your name;
• the title of the award;
• the date of the award; and
• the name of the awarding institution.
We will not accept original provisional certificates.
           If you have successfully completed a degree course taught in English but you are awaiting graduation, you must send the original academic transcript. This must be on the institution's official headed paper, and must clearly show:
• your name;
• the name of the academic institution;
• the course title; and
• confirmation of the award.
           If you have lost your original certificate of award, and the institution that issued it cannot issue a replacement, we will accept the original academic reference. This must be on the institution's official headed paper, and must clearly show:
• your name;
• the title of the award;
• the date of the award, confirming that it has been awarded; and
• confirmation that the institution cannot re-issue the original certificate of award.

Additional requirements

            If your degree was not taught in a majority English speaking country and is not listed on our points calculator, you must also provide:
• an original letter and/or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree course; and
• a letter from the academic institution that awarded the qualification.
           The letter from the academic institution must be original, issued by the awarding institution on its official headed paper, and clearly show:
• your name;
• the title of the award;
• the date of the award; and
• confirmation that the degree was taught in English.